Sound Barrier Blankets for Noise Mitigation
QBS Blankets are one of our class A fire rated sound barrier blankets used in a variety of applications to block directional noise. These sound deadening blankets can be used to enclose a stationary noise source in a loud factory, section off a computer rack in a computer room, hang against a common wall to deaden sound bleed, or suspend from a floor mounted frame or the ceiling of your space as a full dividing sound barrier curtain system. There are a multitude of applications for the QBS Blankets, all designed to deaden directional noise and generate a more user-friendly environment.
Questions? Call 1-800-638-9355
7 Ways to Reduce Machine Noise With NetWell Noise Control Blankets
- Machine enclosure. The QBS noise control blankets can be custom cut to match to the cavity size of a frame built around a stationary noise source such as a compressor, a generator, a pump, or a dust collection system. The frame can be constructed with angle iron, tubular steel, PVC pipe, 2×4 lumber or can affix direct to any existing frame built around your machine. Combatting the noise at the source is the most effective use of these soundproofing blankets.
- Work space enclosure. For noisy machines that are unable to be fully or partially enclosed, the same QBS noise control blankets can be custom sized to suspend from a floor mounted frame, or dropped from the ceiling in a loud factory setting, to cordon off the noise infested area from the rest of the manufacturing location. For example, a loud conveyer belt loading system on one side of the factory, can be sound protected with the QBS noise reduction blankets where the adjoining space might be an assembly area. In this case, the soundproofing blankets can be used as a dividing wall to sound isolate one space from the adjoining space acoustically.
- As a Sound Jacket. Some machines can receive a custom sound jacket designed to wrap and velcro right tight to the machine like a golf glove. See Sound Jackets.
- In-plant Office Soundproofing. The same QBS noise reduction curtains can be custom sized to match to the perimeter wall space of an in-plant office to effectively block the noise from penetrating through the walls, doors or windows into the office.
- Outdoor Noise Control. Exterior grade sound control blankets are available for enclosing outdoor pool pumps, generators, HVAC equipment, construction sites, and more use the exterior grade version of the noise mitigation blankets. See QBO Blankets.
- Machine Enclosure Dugout. These are 3 sided enclosures with a top built from the QBV Sound Barrier Blankets. Ideal for soundproofing industrial work space where hand held tools are used. Such as riveters and woodworking tools. See Dugouts.
- Pipe Wrap. The same sound barrier blanket systems can be cut to wrap directly around ductwork or drain pipes to house the noise generated form airflow or liquid flow through the container. See NetLag.
With any of these versions of the QBS noise reduction blankets, exposure to toxic levels of noise can be mitigated. Care must be given working with your sound consultant to select the most appropriate version of the application options based on your starting point. For effective soundproofing to combat loud machine noise, use the density of these sound control blankets to lower excessive exposure to decibel levels.
Industrial Noise Control with CAD Drawings of Noise Reduction Blankets
QBS Blankets are fully customizable sound barrier blankets. We can cut patches, windows, slits, openings, add strip curtains for doors, access panels and a host of other components to your system to make it completely user friendly for you. Easy to attach and detach for maintenance, the QBS Blankets are NetWell’s top selling sound barrier blanket system. Available in 4 colors, your custom QBS Blanket system will be CAD drawn prior to production for your approval.
Soundproofing Factory Noise Targets 85 dBA
Remember, your goal is to shut the noise down as best you can at the point of origination. Treat the source of the noise before giving any thought to sound panels or sound baffles on perimeter wall or ceiling surfaces. Sound panels reduce the echo, but not the exposure to the original sound. Be creative and proactive about utilizing the sound barrier blanket system to craft a solution to excessive noise by enclosing the source of the noise first, and then reduce the echoes. Decibel level drops will vary depending on the starting point, which would include the dB reading without any soundproofing treatment, the frequency of the noise, the vibration into the floor, the size of the space, the surfaces surrounding the machine, the accuracy of any sound meter reading, and a host of other components that can combine to decay overall noise reduction values. The bottom line is to get your dB readings in a loud industrial environment down to under 85 dBA using any means available. The noise control blankets are far more popular than metal machine enclosures due to the ease of installation, ease of maintenance, and lower overall investment.
Pricing for QBS Noise Reduction Curtains
QBS Blankets can be cut to match the specifics of your upcoming sound barrier project. The table sizes listed here are for your price point reference. Custom sizes are available, the price points will average up to the nearest blanket size shown here. Your customized sound barrier curtain system can be tailored to meet the needs of your specific machine enclosure. Windows and patches, cutouts, holes, slits, strip curtains and more can be incorporated into your system. The QBS blankets suspend via grommets, and interconnect by sections using 2″ wide velcro edges to seal the sound blankets together. NetWell will generate a custom CAD for each order, giving the client final say on the specifics of the custom designed system.
For a custom quote, call our help desk at 1-800-638-9355.
Customizing Your Noise Reduction Curtains
In addition to the standard QBS Blankets, some clients prefer the pre-packaged kits we create with these sound barrier curtains. One kit is called a Dugout, which means we build a 3 sided enclosure and a top, leaving the front face exposed to the room. A second kit is a SoundScreen, which is a 4’x8’ QBS Blanket that free hangs from a tubular frame on caster wheels.
Please ask your acoustical consultant for a Field Stitching Kit. If you are going to do any onsite field trim work on the construction of your sound control blankets, this kit is the perfect compliment to your order. The kit will supply you with extra edging and staples to perform custom cutouts onsite around doors, outlets, vents, access panels and more.See Dugouts See SoundScreens
Tips & Techniques for Sound Barrier Curtain Systems
QBS Blankets are easy to self-install. They will deliver with grommets across the top of each section, with velcroe edges for interconnecting the blankets and sealing them up to control leakage. We will cut the blankets to match whatever profile works for your project, and will CAD draw them for you to sign off on prior to production. If your treatment is outdoors exposed to the element, switch the product over to our QBO Blankets. Ask for grommets at the base of the blankets for outdoor applications, to help secure against wind flow.
All sound control blankets that are designed to deaden sound bleed will be heavy. The density of the blanket system is what gives it the ability to combat exposure to original machine noise. As noted in this image of the blankets blocking air conditioner noise from reaching the neighbors. The blankets are made of 2″ thick fiberglass, lined with the dense membrane of a mass loaded vinyl called dB-Bloc. The outer skin is a polyester cloth. For outdoor treatments, the skin is upgrade to be weather resistant. The QBS blankets for indoor treatments are cut to a maximum width of 48″ per section, up to 25′ tall. The sides can receive velcro strips to inter connect the noise blankets together and seal up against noise leakage.
Questions? Call 1-800-638-9355See QBO Blankets
Sound Test Results
This product is class A fire rated and approved for use in any public venue.
* Test results available upon request
Shipping Your QBS Noise Control Blankets
Your QBS Blankets will drop ship to your project site via common carrier. We will carefully wrap your sections on pallets, and encourage our clients to carefully inspect your order upon delivery to ensure there was no damage to your order in transit. For questions related to your noise control project, call our help desk at 1-800-638-9355.Shipping/Receiving Terms & Conditions